This is where you’ll find everything you need to work towards zero waste in your household.
Remember, your first aim should be to reduce the useless or harmful items and packaging that you bring home. After that, it’s about limiting the waste that leaves your property and ends up in landfill, through re-use and recycling. So, here you’ll find useful information covering:
- Household hazardous waste and alternatives
- Free household hazardous waste collection services including the current timetable and the Zero Waste SA Dry Creek depot details
- Questions and answers about the free collections
- Can I recycle it? Enter your suburb and item here and see if it can be recycled
- Fact sheets covering recycling and reuse including composting, e-waste and worm farms
- Oil waste recycling
- Chemclear – for farmers
- Fluoros, batteries and e-waste
- Food waste
You can help the environment by reducing your waste. Buy only the amount you need, or purchase less hazardous alternatives. Avoid over-purchasing: buying in bulk isn’t a bargain if half of it’s never used.