Working With Your Business
Getting involved in the Industry Program means we need to find out about you and your organisation: what you do, what you aspire to achieve, and how the organisation is currently performing. Then we use our expert knowledge and practical know-how to develop a program or project to help improve your organisation’s use of resources, reduce costs and improve productivity.
We are flexible in our approach and adapt our services to suit the needs of your business. If it relates to waste management, better use of resources, or resource efficiency we’d love to see if we can help.
We identify opportunities for improved environmental practices to enhance business productivity. Identifying potential weaknesses or inefficient processes is part of our approach.
We may also be able to help you apply for private sector or government grants. Funding may be available in areas such as clean technology, energy efficiency and education and training, as well as schemes for specific industries.
The key elements in our program are:
- evaluation of sustainability performance across materials, energy and water
- in-house technical support
- networking, training and information sessions
- financial support for resource efficiency (including solid waste) reviews and audits
Since 2007 more than 235 organisations have participated in Industry Program funded projects, with an additional 15 industry groups also being involved to deliver sector-wide sustainability programs. Many more organisations have benefitted by attending one or more information and training sessions delivered as part of the Industry Program.
- manufacturing, including food, wine and print
- health and community services, including aged care
- education, including TAFE and universities
- tourism and travel
- state and local government
- cafes and restaurants